Dawn Cook has over 30 years of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse where she has worked with injured clients directly in clinical settings, provided home care nursing services and delivered Life Care Planning. As a professional Life care Planner, Dawn also has extensive experience delivering professional testimony at depositions and live trial cases.
Dawn is adept at researching and preparing detailed Life Care Plans, Future Medical Cost Projections and Medical Bill Reviews. Moreover Dawn also possesses the skill and training to professionally critique opposing counsel’s Life Care Plans and Medical Bill Reviews for accuracy and thoroughness.
- 2013: Vickie Milazzo Institute Legal Nurse Consultant Certification Seminar
- 2011: Kelynco College, Life Care Planning Course, Draper UT
- 1988: Critical Care Nursing Course, 1988. Kuakini Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- 1979: Royal Jubilee School of Nursing, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Nursing Diploma graduated Valedictorian.
- American Nurse Today
- Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Nursing Association Smart Brief
- Journal of American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners
- Journal of American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- Pain Management Nursing
- 2015: “The Work of Business, Expert Witness Development and Training” in “Journal of Nurse Life Care Planners” vol. XV NO. 3, Fall 2015, page 884.“Is it time to use a Life Care Planner? How to evaluate if a plaintiff life care plan lacks merit” in “Common Defense, a Magazine for Arizona Defense Attorneys” Summer 2015, Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, 950 E. Baseline Rd. #104-1025, Tempe, AZ 85283“The Work of Business, Can You Hear Me Now?” in “Journal of Nurse Life Care Planners” vol. XV NO. 2, Summer 2015, page 812.
- 2013: "Back and Neck Injuries", "Hand and Wrist Injuries" and "Knee Injuries" in "Anatomy and Physiology 101 for Attorneys" pp. 33-63, 93-148. Publisher: National Business Institute PO Box 3067, Eau Claire, WI 54702
- September 2015: Biom Powered Ankle
- September 2015: American Society of Pain Management Nursing
- May 2015: Executive Forum of Lifetime Nurse Care Planners
- April 2015: American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- September 2014: International Symposium of Life Care Planners
- April 2014: Forensic Expert Witness Association Annual Convention
- November 2013: AANLCP Education Conference
- May 2013: Setting the Standards in Life Care Planning Conference
- October2012: 2012 AANLCP Education Conference
- May 2012: Setting the Standards in Life Care Planning Conference
- October 15, 2015: speaker at the Las Vegas Valley Paralegal Association, “How to Select a Life Care Planning Expert Witness.”
- September 19, 2015: speaker at the American Society of Pain Management Nursing, “Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Pain Management”
- May 3, 2015: speaker at the Executive Forum of Lifetime Nurse Care Planners "Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Life Care Planning."
- April 19, 2015: speaker at the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, "Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Legal Nurse Consulting."
- September 21, 2014: presenter at the International Symposium of Life Care Planners, "The Movable Office."
- July 27, 2014: invited speaker at the American Association of Justice Annual Convention, Baltimore, MD, "Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, New and Emerging Treatments and Life Care Planning."
- January 31, 2013: presenter at National Business Institute's seminar "Anatomy and Physiology 101 for Attorneys" in Fresno, California.